Human MR Research Lab
We develop novel diagnostic MRI methods for characterizing human brain function and physiology with the goal of improving individualized treatment strategies and prognosis based upon patient specific functional brain mapping. Current NIH funded research is focused on advancing presurgical mapping in patients with brain tumors and epilepsy.
- Technology development of MRI data acquisition and reconstruction on clinical MRI scanners
- Biophysics research of BOLD contrast functional MRI
- Technology development of real-time task-based and resting-state functional MRI
- Technology development of high-speed MR spectroscopic imaging of metabolites
- Neuro-oncological imaging research in patients with brain tumors
Dept. Neurology Lab website: https://hsc.unm.edu/medicine/departments/neurology/research/labs/mr-imaging.html